The College of Business & Leadership at Lourdes University is pleased to announce a competitive new program for incoming freshman (fall 2014). The “Dean’s Scholars Program” will select an elite group of 25 new full-time students to participate in the program.
“The Dean’s Scholars Program will identify and serve strong A and B level students who have demonstrated extracurricular leadership during their high school careers. The program will build on their potential to become global leaders and to advance business as a noble profession,” shares Dean Ludwig, PhD, Dean of the College of Business & Leadership. “There are many quality business programs out there – but what sets Lourdes University apart is our experiential learning opportunities that give students direct access to successful business leaders. I will personally take these students under my wing and try to maximize their exposure to developmental opportunities.” Students who are selected as part of the scholars program will enjoy other benefits and features including:
Dean’s Scholars Program benefits:
- Priority access to premier internship opportunities
- Option of being part of a living learning community in Lourdes Commons where program participants live with other Dean’s scholars
- Career planning guidance from area experts in Lourdes’ Business 100 course
- Business mentorship by area executives in the Executives-in-Residence program
- Opportunity to participate in an international business trip with MBA students (during senior year, optional)
- Participation in Business Ambassador program with invitations to professional events at the University and in the broader community
- Complimentary subscriptions to the Harvard Business Review and Wall Street Journal and participation in a monthly discussion group with distinguished faculty covering topics in the business news
Dean’s Scholars Program features:
- One-on-One access to Dean Ludwig, PhD, Dean of the College of Business & Leadership
- Quarterly outings to select business and cultural venues under supervision of the dean
- Automatic eligibility to participate in Lourdes Business 423 course “The Leadership Seminar” taught by the dean and providing unique exposure to business and community leaders
- Participation in a service trip such as Habitat for Humanity with the dean or other faculty
- Invitation to special job recruiting events and a reference letter from the dean for those completing the program with a 3.5 GPA or better
- Automatic acceptance into the MBA program for those with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better at the end of their junior year (GMAT waived) – allowing accepted students to complete their BS and MBA in 5 years
Scholars Program students will also be eligible to receive the Presidential Scholarship ($7k annual renewable scholarship) or the Dean’s Scholarship ($4k annual renewable scholarship). Scholars who receive the Presidential or Dean’s Scholarship and choose to reside in Lourdes Common’s living learning community will receive an additional $1,000. To apply for the program students must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher; an ACT score of 22 or higher; and importantly, demonstration of strong leadership potential during their high school career. Accepted students will major in Accounting, Business Administration, or Health Care Administration.
Applications are being accepted now through January 1, 2014. To apply, contact Lourdes University Admissions directly at 419-885-5291 or visit www.lourdes.edu/scholars. Notification of acceptance will be made by February 1, 2014.